Salisbury Bank recently awarded scholarships totaling $20,000 that were distributed to five very deserving local high school students.
| Pictured L to R: James Boeding, Webutuck High School recipient,
Rick Cantele President and CEO, Salisbury Bank, Alyssa Murphy,
Dover High School recipient, Brook Kallstrom, HVRHS recipient.
According to President and CEO, Rick Cantele, the recipients are high-achieving students who also possess a variety of interests, have demonstrated leadership experience, show consistent community involvement and want to make the world a better place.
The Bank created the Annual Scholarship Program in 2009 to help students who have a proven financial need and who are already making a difference. Cantele commented, "Salisbury Bank is proud to support our local students. We strongly believe that education is the key to a better future for everyone".
Scholarships were awarded at high schools in the market area served by the Bank. This year's recipients were:
- Brook Kallstrom, Housatonic Valley Regional High School, will be attending Rochester Institute of Technology majoring in New Media - Animation.
- James Boeding, Webutuck High School, will be attending Bowdoin College majoring in Science and Pre-Med.
- Sara Richard, Stissing Mountain High School, will be attending Misericordia University majoring in Special Education.
- Alyssa Murphy, Dover High School, will be attending Boston University majoring in Elementary Education.
- Caitlin Maguire, Dover High School, will be attending Marist College majoring in Linguistics and Music.
Salisbury Bank congratulates all the scholarship recipients on their accomplishments and wishes them the best in their future endeavors.