Salisbury Bank recently awarded scholarships totaling $20,000 that were distributed to five very deserving local high school students.
| Gabriel Lefferts
|| Jenny Pulver|
According to President and CEO, Rick Cantele, the recipients are high-achieving students who also possess a variety of interests, have demonstrated leadership experience, show consistent community involvement and want to make the world a better place.
The Bank created the Annual Scholarship Program in 2009 to help students who have a proven financial need and who are already making a difference. Cantele commented, "Salisbury Bank is proud to support our local students. We strongly believe that education is the key to a better future for everyone".
Scholarships were awarded at high schools in the market area served by the Bank. This year's recipients were:
- Gabriel Lefferts, Housatonic Valley Regional High School, will be attending Ithaca College majoring in Science and Humanities.
- Jessica McGarry, Webutuck High School, will be attending The State University of New York, Brockport majoring in Nursing.
- Jenny Pulver, Stissing Mountain High School, will be attending Cornell University majoring in Agriculture Sciences with a minor in Spanish.
- Michael Ackerman, Dover High School, will be attending The State University of New York, Geneseo majoring in Chemical Engineering.
- Ryan Capasse, Mount Everett High School, will be attending Rochester Institute of Technology majoring in Chemistry.
Salisbury Bank congratulates all the scholarship recipients on their accomplishments and wishes them the best in their future endeavors.
Salisbury Bank is a full-service community bank headquartered in Lakeville, Connecticut and presently operates full service branches in Canaan, Lakeville, Salisbury and Sharon, Connecticut, Sheffield and South Egremont Massachusetts as well as Dover Plains and Millerton, New York. The Bank has been serving families and businesses for over 160 years and offers a full range of consumer and business banking products and services as well as trust and investment services.