According to experts, an important aspect of financial planning includes understanding the financial and health services that are available to you and your family well in advance of your actual need. Today, many families are asking themselves, how do we take care of aging parents, ourselves and our children all at the same time? It is especially challenging for adult children placed in the role of caring for elderly parents who, for many until only recently, were the family’s primary caregivers. In the meantime, conscientious adults are thinking about their own future and how they can plan for both their financial and health care needs.
Salisbury Bank and the Salisbury Visiting Nurse Association are offering a free seminar to explain the financial and health services available to help you plan for yourself or the care needs of your parents.
- The benefits of planning now for future financial, health and home care needs – while you’re healthy in mind and body.
- Strategies for starting the conversation: how to talk to family members and close advisors about needs and desires.
- What financial and health care services are available to you and your family.
- Factors to consider if you prefer to stay in your own home.
- The keys to planning your finances with future living situations and healthcare needs in mind.
The seminar will be held Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 5:30 p.m. at Salisbury Bank’s Lakeville, Connecticut Branch. Space is limited so everyone is urged to register early. You may register by calling Salisbury Bank’s toll free number (800) 222-9801 and ask for the Marketing department.
Salisbury Bank is a full-service community bank headquartered in Lakeville, Connecticut and presently operates full service branches in Canaan, Lakeville, Salisbury and Sharon, Connecticut, Sheffield and South Egremont Massachusetts as well as Dover Plains and Millerton, New York. The Bank has been serving families and businesses for 160 years and offers a full range of consumer and business banking products and services as well as trust and investment services.