Salisbury Bank Announces 2015 Scholarship Program Enriching Local Communities Through Higher Education
May 4, 2015
Salisbury Bank is pleased to announce its 2015 Annual Scholarship Program. The Bank created its Annual Scholarship Program in 2009 to assist students who have a proven financial need and who are already making a difference in their communities. Multiple scholarships may be awarded in the amount of $2,500.00 each to assist eligible students seeking a college degree in a variety of programs. The ideal candidates will be students of academic achievement, who possess a variety of interests and leadership experience, show consistent community involvement, and the willing desire to make their world a better place.
Eligible students must be residents of Litchfield, Berkshire, Columbia, Dutchess or Orange counties, and must be currently enrolled in a public high school, vocational, or technical school; be a homeschool student affiliated with such a school; or be a graduate or GED recipient of an eligible school district and entering the first year of college. The school districts eligible for the 2014/2015 academic year include:
- Region 1 (Litchfield County, CT)
- Southern Berkshire Regional School District (Berkshire County, MA)
- Berkshire Hills Regional School District (Berkshire County, MA)
- Dover Union Free School District (Dutchess County, NY)
- Pine Plains Central School District (Dutchess County, NY)
- Webutuck (North East) Central School District (Dutchess County, NY)
- Taconic Hills Central School District (Dutchess/Columbia Counties, NY)
- Poughkeepsie Central School District (Dutchess County, NY)
- Beacon Central School District (Dutchess County, NY)
- Hyde Park Central School District (Dutchess County, NY)
- Newburgh City School District (Orange County, NY)
Applicants must be planning to enter an accredited college or university as a first year undergraduate student for the 2015/2016 academic year. Applicants will be evaluated according to a 100-point system that takes into account financial need; academic achievement; community service; volunteerism; and leadership. The top scorers will also be interviewed by the Bank’s Scholarship Selection Committee.
Completed applications and transcripts must be received by the Scholarship Committee by 5:00 p.m. on May 31, 2015. For application packets and detailed information about the scholarship program, visit the Bank’s website at salisburybank.com/scholarships or visit one of the Bank’s thirteen banking offices.
Salisbury Bank is a full-service community bank headquartered in Lakeville, Connecticut and presently operates full service branches in Canaan, Lakeville, Salisbury and Sharon, Connecticut; Great Barrington, Sheffield and South Egremont, Massachusetts; as well as Dover Plains, Fishkill, Millerton, Newburgh, Poughkeepsie, and Red Oaks Mill, New York. The Bank has been serving families and businesses for over 160 years and offers a full range of consumer and business banking products and services as well as trust and investment services.