Salisbury Bank and Trust Company Announces Annual Scholarship Program Award Recipients
July 11, 2018
Salisbury Bank is pleased to announce the recipients of its 2018 Annual Scholarship Program. Salisbury Bank created its Annual Scholarship Program in 2009 to assist students who have a proven financial need and who are already making a difference in their communities. Ten scholarships in the amount of $2,500.00 were awarded to assist eligible students seeking a college degree in a variety of programs. The recipients are high-achieving students who possess a variety of interests, have demonstrated leadership experience, displayed consistent community involvement, and strive to make their world a better place. The 2018 Scholarship recipients include:
- Alejandro Sarmiento of The Hotchkiss School, Lakeville, CT
- Autumn Rose Lennon of Beacon High School, Beacon, NY
- Brittany Strauss of New Paltz High School, New Paltz, NY
- Claire Norman of Stissing Mountain High School, Pine Plains, NY
- Ella Hampson of Cheshire Academy, Cheshire, CT
- Finnbarr Chebatoris of Mount Everett High School, Sheffield, MA
- Jada Wilson of Housatonic Valley Regional High School, Falls Village, CT
- Lexus Pattershall of Franklin D. Roosevelt High School, Hyde Park, NY
- Morgan Gott of Mount Everett High School, Sheffield, MA
- Rebekah Turner of Newburgh Free Academy, Newburgh, NY
Applicants were evaluated according to a 100-point system that takes into account financial need, academic achievement, community service, volunteerism and leadership. The top scorers were interviewed by the Bank’s Scholarship Selection Committee.
A celebratory event was held on Wednesday, June 27 in Lakeville, CT in honor of the recipients’ accomplishments.
Salisbury Bank is a full-service community bank headquartered in Lakeville, Connecticut and presently operates full service branches in Canaan, Lakeville, Salisbury, and Sharon, Connecticut; Great Barrington, Sheffield, and South Egremont, Massachusetts; as well as Dover Plains, Fishkill, Millerton, New Paltz, Newburgh, Poughkeepsie, and Red Oaks Mill, New York. The Bank has been serving families and businesses for over 170 years and offers a full range of consumer and business banking products and services as well as trust and investment services.